Sealed / Expunged Records

The process of sealing or expunging your record is a complex maze of paperwork that must be completed perfectly. Having an attorney who is proficient in sealing and expunging records will give you the best chance of cleaning that criminal offence off your record.

The certified judgment and sentences will be retrieved from the clerk. The applications will be completed and filed with the proper agencies. I will draft your petition, supporting affidavit, and the order for the court. I will attend the hearing and argue your case before the judge. If you are from out of town, this entire process can be handled through the mail without you ever having to return to this jurisdiction.

Seal Expunge Questionaire

This is not legal advice. This is a preliminary checklist used prior to meeting and obtaining legal advice from an attorney about sealing or expunging criminal records in Florida. For legal advice, please contact the attorney directly.
In Florida, you can only seal or expunge one criminal incident from your record, once in your lifetime. Have you ever before sealed or expunged any other incident from your criminal record at any time or place?
Have you ever been convicted (adjudicated guilty) of any crime in the past, at any time or place, including for this incident? [You can have unlimited non-convictions (withholds of adjudication) but not even one single conviction]
Was the incident that you want to seal or expunge dismissed? [Note: The type of offense WILL NOT matter if the charges were dismissed.]
Was the incident you want to seal or expunge a withhold of adjudication? [Note: The type of offense WILL matter…]
Was the incident for any crime of violence (other than simple battery), domestic violence, arson, burglary of a dwelling, trafficking in drugs, or a sex offense?


All petitions to seal or expunge a record are in the discretion of the court, whether you are eligible or not.

If any of the following applies, you may not be able to seal or expunge your record:

  • You have been convicted of a crime (adjudicated guilty as opposed to adjudication withheld).
  • As a juvenile, you were “adjudicated delinquent” of a criminal charge.
  • You previously sealed an adult criminal record.
  • You are currently finishing a criminal case (probation, diversion, etc).

To learn if you are eligible to have a record sealed or expunged arrange a consultant today.